Ian Worthington – Consultant
A first class honours history graduate of London University, Ian is a corporate and commercial lawyer who trained at City of London giant, Norton Rose. Ian subsequently developed his career as a partner at leading corporate law practices in Ipswich, Nottingham and Leeds.
Ian has extensive experience as a transactional lawyer, having worked on company and business acquisitions and disposals, management buy outs and buy ins and debt and private equity finance provision.
He also has significant expertise in advising businesses on all aspects of their trading structures and contract negotiations and has particular experience in helping family companies to deal with complex shareholder relationships and the delicate issues which arise on the employment of external professional directors.
Ian has a proven track record in providing hands-on practical business advice to clients, including:
- Optimum business structures, including appropriate legal framework and stakeholder relationships.
- Corporate practice and governance, including boardroom procedure, regulatory compliance (health and safety, anti-bribery policies).
- Routes to market, including distribution, agency, franchising, joint venture, licensing.
- Fund raising, including loan and equity capital, including significant corporate finance experience advising both lender/investor and borrower/investee.
- Buy and build strategies for growing business, including post acquisition target integration.
- Management training programmes, including business and legal risk management, contract negotiation and the establishment of successful business partnerships with suppliers and customers.
- Advising family businesses in relation to the issues and inevitable changes arising from growth – cash injection, physical expansion with attendant property and capital investment implications, the necessity to bring in new skills from outside the family, managing and controlling the aspirations of younger family members, acquisition, succession.
- Assisting in decision making at Board & Senior Management levels.
Ian also has the benefit of:
For more information contact Ian on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 357 2240